We have internet! I feel like I'm missing so much time between these blogs, that I'll just have to catch up. I realize that I'm posting a lot in this March & April post, but it has been busy, and I want my kids to remember the great things we have been doing together!
To begin...
Parents...
Justin turned 30 on March 16th! Wow, a big day for him! We were able to go to dinner and a movie together while my mom and dad watched the kids. We are so proud of Justin. He is an amazing father and husband. He has accomplished so much in his life thus far, and we are blessed to have him. He was also just offered a job with Northrop Grumman; an engineering company here in Colorado Springs. It's temporary, but it could turn into something long term, so we'll see. A lot of people interviewed for this position, and it's a very desired company to work for, so we are proud.
I turned 28 on April 1st! Again, Justin and I were able to get a night out together, which was lots of fun! The most exciting news on my birthday, however, was the birth of my friend Stephanie's baby girl, Bella. I love April Fools babies!
Kids...
Aric is growing up so fast! He is still in the 1st percentile (13 pounds 12 ounces), so he may not be growing like a weed, but he looks so much bigger to me! Around 6 months he started standing while he was holding on to things, and now he scoots around furniture while holding on to the edge of it. A few times he has let go and balances for a few seconds and then falls to his bum. I can't believe his progression...just 7 months ago he was in my belly! He can clap his hands, and loves to be held! Though he was an easy newborn, his teething started up a few weeks ago, and I was certain he had changed into such a whiny baby! He was seriously up every few hours no matter what I gave him, and I thought I would go crazy. However, both bottom teeth popped through, and happy boy is back! I don't want him to get any more teeth, because I know he will have a very difficult time teething! Aric loves his sissy (he watches her constantly), and isn't a real babbler yet...I tell Justin that Aric takes after him...a man of few words:) He is totally adorable though and such a sweet spirit. I can't imagine my life without my little man.
Avery is...well our crazy, incredible Avery. 80% of the day we are loving each other and laughing, and 20% of the day I'm scolding or putting her in time out. But she is one of the great loves of our lives, and she has truly become my little pal. If Justin has to pull a splinter out of my hand, Avery is right there cooing in her motherly voice, "It's ok, be brave mom." If she senses any sort of irritation in Justin's voice she asks him over and over, "Daddy, are you mad?" At random moments during the day she will say, "I love you so so much" and it just makes our hearts melt. I can't imagine our teenage years together, because I already feel like I'm dealing with a teenager at times, but she really is such a good girl. She is totally into princess stuff right now, and loves her princess bed and princess sheets. She is really good to her brother 90% of the time and tries to mother him. The other 10% of the time she is stealing her toys back or reprimanding him for something, but overall she really deeply cares about him.
Here are some of the fun things we have been doing...
Crafts...I have been working on crafts...here is a name that I did for my friend Molly, who is expecting her first baby girl any day!
Snow time...Some time ago Avery wanted to make a snowman...she treated it like a real baby. She hugged it and rocked it, and then she took her Mr. Potato head stuff outside and dressed it up...too cute!
Disney On Ice...My mom bought tickets to Disney On Ice, and Avery totally loved it! She talked about all of the movies that came to life, and when I told her the princesses would be there she said, "Mom, they are coming off my pillow to see me?" It was adorable...
Easter... was so much fun! Avery was totally excited for the bunny to come, and in the morning when she saw what he brought she hugged a bunny statue that my mom bought us, and said, "Oh thank you Mr. Bunny. Thank you so much!" You would have thought it was Christmas it was so cute. Later that day her cousins came over to do an Easter egg hunt. Brother had fun, too!
4 comments:
Crafts? You do crafts? And blog about them?
Tiffany, You are the cheese to my grilled cheese.
Mags, you are only jealous of my sweet crafting skills. While you gimp around in your boot after nerve surgery, you think about the sweet skills I possess. Just because I was mean to you on your blog, doesn't mean you have to hurt my feelings...:)
oh my gosh as your new found friends. i feel like such a jerk for not knowing when your birthdays were. we will have to have you guys over for dinner to make up for it and we will even make you a cake!
What a beautiful family. We miss you guys sooooo much and congrats on the new home and sorry to hear it got a bit mucked up that stinks. You and Justin and the kids look totally happy. Are you still teaching or taking a sebatical? Wish we could get together sometime soon. We are all fine and busy as well. call sometime 951-813-9045
Love ya,
Janet
Post a Comment