Sunday, October 18, 2009

Seven Weeks!


Aric turned seven weeks old last Thursday. He has been so much fun. Though he started out in life with a little too much gas (making him uncomfortable during the nights), his body has adjusted, and he has become an excellent sleeper! Talk about night and day from his big sissy! He wakes up twice a night in the twelves and in the fives. He is beginning to express more of his personality every day. He has a very calm, sweet nature thus far, and loves to stare into our eyes. His favorite thing to do is to nurse! He loves nursing! It seems to put him straight to sleep very quickly, unfortunately, which is why I have to pump and give him bottles to get him a full feeding. I'm madly in love with him, and we cannot imagine our family without his sweet spirit. Tomorrow he goes in for another appointment on his hip, and his next ultrasound is October 29th (we're hoping his will get his brace off...the older he gets, the more he hates is). He is totally pudging out! He's already out of newborn diapers! His little legs are getting chubs...so cute!

Avery is a blast...challenging at times, but truly a blast to be around. Whining drives both Justin and I crazy, and she's come down with this disease called two and half year old itis, where she has VERY selective hearing. We have lots of conversations like, "Avery, get off the counter. Avery, get off the counter. Get off the counter Avery. Do you hear me, Avery? Get off the counter." Gotta love the toddler years. It was funny the other day, though. We were in the car and I was frustrated with the car in front of me...Avery must have picked up on my frustration because she said, "Who you yellin' at Mommy?" to which I replied, "Just the cars". A couple of second later she responded, "I hate cars". It's so funny; she doesn't miss a beat. Sometimes we don't think she's listening, but then something comes up where we know she's aware of what we're saying!



Justin and I are doing well. Justin is plugging away at ITT, and I'm enjoying my role of stay at home mom. I would be totally lying if I didn't say that there are elements of work that I miss very much, but if someone told me I had to go back right now, I would totally have a breakdown leaving both my babies! Anyway, we have an early doctors appointment, so I better head to bed. We'll update again soon!

2 comments:

The Jatens said...

What cute kids you have!!! They are adorable. I love that you updated again. I love seeing your kids grow up. Babies change so much the first year. Glad that you are enjoying your little ones.

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

What cuties! Aric seems to look a lot like Justin in those pictures! I had to laugh when you described Avery's two and a half year old itis; I can totally sympathize! BOTH of my children have it! I was seriously tempted to have Logan's hearing checked at one point in time...
We should get together for a play date now that you have a full-time mommy schedule!