



Well, winter is here! The snow is beautiful, but I'm totally bummed about the cold weather. When I was working it wasn't such a big issue, but now that I'm trying to come up with indoor activities for a two and a half year old all day, I totally feel the winter blues! I love being outside...that's something I have always known about myself! I love to ski, but with the little ones, that activity isn't going to be in the cards for some time.
We just returned from a quick trip to Utah! We enjoyed seeing family and friends, and are much appreciative of Alisha's parents (Grandma Marie and Grandpa Ron) for their incredible hospitality! They even babysat the two kiddos for an evening! Avery and Aric were incredible travelers. We thought the car ride could go either way, but Aric slept the majority of the trip, and Avery was totally entertained by books and movies! They really are at a perfect age for car trips (we know that will all change when Aric goes through the "I hate my car seat" stage). We had a wonderful time showing Avery the temple where Mommy and Daddy were married, and loved seeing Aunt Linda, Uncle Chris, and our grandparents! It was also fun to connect with my old roommate Andria, and her adorable daughter.



Aric is wonderful and GROWING! He is getting more little fat rolls and filling out beautifully! He really is such a mellow baby. I can't say enough about what a gentle nature he has right now. That may all change, but I can't believe I can put him down in his pack n' play or crib awake, and he'll just fall asleep on his own! He is totally loving Mommy right now, since I'm obviously the milk supply, and he definitely recognizes my voice when I enter the room. I still see a lot of Justin in him...it's funny how I just recognize expressions and features of his father in his face.

Avery is still our wild child, and we wouldn't haven't any other way. Though I brag about baby brother being calm natured, I wouldn't trade Avery for any mellow child. She continues to bring life to our lives, and her conversations make parenthood worth every sacrifice. She continues to teach Justin and I how to learn more patience, as she tests it quite often. However, her adorable moments far outweigh her more challenging times, and I often find myself laughing amidst punishing her, since she seems to come up with cute things to distract us.
2 comments:
Tiffany, I love to read your blog. The photos are great -- I especially love the one of Avery from the back looking into the water with the reflection of the Temple. Wonderful shot. Come follow my blog too. :)
Kelly
What cute photos. I love the pairings you choose. It was wonderful to see you guys & your darling family.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment