
I tried to blog a few weeks ago, but we have had a lot going on! First, Aric is growing so fast! I looked at his head in the car seat the other day, and already feel that he is growing out of his newborn phase...although others would disagree since he is still so tiny. Here are some quick updates on our little man...
-Aric had to go in a little brace for a hip issue that is being corrected. My doctor said that his hip socket needs to measure at a depth of 60% to really hold the ball in place. Otherwise, it makes babies overly flexible, which could have been a result of the way he sat in my belly. One of Aric's hips is fine, but the other measures at 57% (it's just a slight correction). However, he hates his brace! He has tried to be tough about it and adjust, but he loves to kick his legs free when he's not wearing it. He will only have to be in it about a month (she predicted), and he won't have any future problems at all, but of course, we're sad that wearing the brace makes him sad!
-A few weeks ago Aric started breaking out a lot! At first we just thought it was regular baby acne, but then it started to look more like a rash. It wasn't just on his face, but the pediatrician assured us that due to the sensitive nature of newborn skin, his red dots were totally normal. However, I eventually had our doctor friend check it out, and decided to go off chocolate completely. I figure that if he has totally sensitive skin, the break from chocolate might help...it's torture for me, but it actually seems to really help his skin. He still gets a breakout if he naps with his cheek on a sheet (it gets irritated by the fabric softener), or if the bath soap bothers him, but we are trying to use anything that's extremely sensitive for our little guy, and fortunately, his skin is looking much better!
-He had quite a bit of gas for the first several weeks of life, but that has drastically improved! He has such a calm nature, but he would squirm all night long until he would eventually work his gas out. However, his system has figured itself out and he has become an incredible sleeper! He wakes up in the twelves and the four or fives, so he's down to two feedings a night! He eats so much at a feeding that I'm not totally surprised. I can't seem to catch up! He already can eat three and a half to four ounces at every feeding! Avery had a hard time drinking two or three at his age. He acts like he's still starving after his feeding, so I think it takes awhile for his belly to figure out it's full (he'll throw up if he eats too much). Overall, he's a growing boy!
-He has such a sweet nature. We adore him!

Avery, of course, is the adoring sister. She is such a funny little girl. I don't think I ever recorded this in an earlier blog, but she has only picked up baby brother once. Avery was on the bed watching Elmo and Aric was in his glider on the floor. I quickly ran to the kitchen to grab his baby blanket, and when I was walking back towards our bedroom, Avery suddenly appeared at the doorway, holding baby brother under his little arms. Of course I tried not to panic so she would not drop him, so I decided to scold her for picking him up after she handed him over! She just looked so funny holding him, but hasn't tried since.
She says all sorts of funny things...I'll have to record some conversations later.
More Updates...

-Alisha and her twins, Nathan and Alexa, came to visit! She just left today, and Avery cried that she wanted to go with them on the airplane. We had a great time, and I really appreciated her help. We even got out to the zoo one day with all four babies/toddler! We miss her!
2 comments:
oh he's so precious guys! and avery looks like she's adjusting well! i had never heard of the hip thing, hopefully the brace works for him!
What a cute little man. And Avery is adorable as always.
Glad to see the updates of your family and hear how everyone is doing.
We miss you guys and wish we could see you! It's been too long. Thank goodness for blogs.
Post a Comment