Sunday, September 20, 2009

Three Weeks!


Aric is growing so fast! I can already tell that his head is getting bigger and his little legs are filling out! He has been such a sweet spirited baby. He totally struggles from gas issues in his belly, but really you don't know how bad it is until you hear his little toots, because he just squirms and makes little noises instead of big cries! His calm spirit (for now) is a big contrast from his spirited sister! However, he has found his voice, and when he is upset, it's obvious he knows how to get your attention.

Justin and I adore him. He is such a sweet addition to our family. He has been a good sleeper and eater, so we feel pretty good right now!




Avery is the adoring sister. I couldn't have asked for a better adjustment from her. She is not jealous of me with him at all, but she does want to "crowd" us during feeding and burping times. She is a total blast to see with her babies as she swaddles, feeds, burps, and changes their diapers. We have really made an effort to let her help us with Aric's feedings, burpings, and changing times. She is continuing to kill us with her little comments, like...
"What the frick?"
"Boo-ya, Mommy!"

...and all the other inappropriate comments that Justin teaches her:)

However, hearing her talk to her little brother is the best. She says things like,
"I know, I know little man...hold on, Mommy's coming"
"Good morning baby brother!"
"Wake up, mister."

She even told me the other day that she couldn't leave the house until she was done pumping, since she sees Mommy pump milk. She's so funny!

We hope all is well, and have posted lots of fun pictures of our weeks together with Aric!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love, Love, Love that you're updating more often now that you're a SAHM. I think it's worth a trip to Colorado just to see Avery pump before she can leave the house! Totally hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
Love, Linda

Toby and Tammy said...

Can't believe how time is flying by. He is so adorable. Too dang cute! Avery is HILARIOUS!!!! She cracks me up.

Hope everything is going well and that you are adjusting to two kids. I'll be there in no time.

We miss you guys lots!

Matt&Andria said...

You guys, he's adorable!! Seriously! And I don't envy you with the newborn stage, but you know that! Hang in there! Your family is so sweet!

The Garveys said...

So cute! You need to change your backround or your text color its not showing up unless you highlight the text.

Manning Family said...

So cute! It's so fun reading the things that Avery is saying. Cracks me up--"Boo-ya Mommy". Congrats on the sweet new addition!

Kelly said...

I see a lot of Justin in Aric. Your kids are the cutest things I have ever seen. BTW, that photo of Avery feeding her baby looks professional.

Kelly, Greg & kids (not really the Girl Scouts)