
Well, Mr. Aric is growing! I can't believe he is already two weeks! He had his two week appointment today. He weighs 6 pounds 13 ounces, which means he has gained 12 ounces since he left the hospital! They say that's really good for breastfeeding babies, since they usually haven't even gained back their birth weight by two weeks! He is in the 20th percentile for his weight (already way ahead of big sister), and he is 20 1/2 inches long, which places him in the 80th percentile for his height. What a long little kiddo! His head is 34 1/2 cm, which places him in the 25th percentile (I record these numbers because I use these posts for my scrap booking!).
Aric still has some jaundice,which they say can happen especially with breastfeeding babies. Sometimes it just hangs on a little longer, so he had another poke today to check his level, which is fine. We also have an appointment with a specialist next Thursday, because Aric has a little clicking sound in his hip. The doctor said that could be from a little underdeveloped hip socket (?), but does not seem to be concerned. Overall, he is healthy and definitely growing! He's drinking LOTS of momma's milk!
As far as some indication of his personality, Aric seems like a very calm spirited baby. We could totally be saying something different as he develops, but thus far he has been a calm natured newborn. I love when he opens his sweet eyes and stares at me during our feedings. He seriously falls asleep seconds into nursing; it's so therapeutic for him! It's been a challenge keeping him awake to get full feedings, but we also use a bottle too, so he seems to adjust to whatever. I can't believe how tiny he is...I try and pause in the mirror when he's laying on my chest just to capture his tiny body frame in my mind!
Overall, things seem so much easier, since we have been through this all before. I personally think it has been much easier going from baby 1 to 2 than 0 to 1. However, trying to take both of them out of the house has its challenges! The evening time seems to be the most difficult...that's when Avery starts getting a little cranky, and Aric really wakes up!

Avery has adjusted so well. At first, I was a little concerned, because she started having some demanding meltdowns about little things that wouldn't have bothered her. This is pretty nasty, but she also pooped on the carpet twice when he came home, which was a total shock for Justin and I. However, she has adjusted and is back to using the potty! The only thing I can fault her for is over loving him! She wants to hold him, feed him, change him, and she does a wonderful job fulfilling all of her big sister obligations. She is so verbal with us, and continues to have full conversations like, "Baby brother doesn't need his binki. Maybe he's just hungry." We continue to be in awe of her what goes through her mind.

Parent's are doing well. Of course we are a bit tired, but I really can't complain. The hardest challenge has just been trying to create fun things for Avery to do around the house, since he's too little to really go out! I'm amazed at how much of my day is consumed in just feeding him, so I know that can be hard for Avery. Justin is plugging away at ITT (his internship ends the end of September, so we are still on the job hunt!). He is very loved by his little ones, and Avery loves to welcome daddy home from work!

Here is a little video of Avery. I have been trying to get it on here for a couple of weeks, but we thought it was too cute not to share!
6 comments:
Wow, way to grow Aric! So glad you posted again so soon. The video of Avery is priceless. Chris just grinned to watch her. She is VERY smart! Glad to hear she is settling into the big sister role. I had a tough time with that myself, but don't recall pooping on the carpet... :-)
~Love Linda
he is so stinkin' cute! glad all is well and that Avery is adjusting to the changes.
What a cutie patudie! Wow, you sure have cute kids. Glad to hear that things are going well. Can't wait to meet you little angel!
Oh, that was Ashley not Isaac that made the comment. Isaac was just signed in . . . :-)
He sure is cute! Congratulations!
That is the cutest video I have ever seen! I wish I had a video camera -- especially back when mine were this young.
Kelly (not my Girl Scouts)
Post a Comment