
Aric William Walker has arrived. He was born August 27th at 4:06pm. He weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches long. He is an amazing addition to our family, and I have totally fallen in love with him. We, of course, and a little tired right now, but I'll try and do a quick run down of labor, delivery, and what's going on now.



Labor- I was induced at 9:30am, though I was at the hospital at 5:00am. We already felt it was going to be a very long day, but the pitocin started, and so did the contractions. They were not very strong at first, but after the doctor broke my water at 12:00pm, my contractions were unbelievable within minutes. I couldn't believe the pain! My mom started to rub my stomach and Justin was holding my hand. I eventually cried at the thought of having to endure one more, and though my WONDERFUL nurse gave me drugs through the IV, they quickly wore off and I couldn't take the pain any longer. I FINALLY got the epidural at 3:00, but I was shaking so terribly from the pain and the progression, I was afraid I was going to move during the procedure. After the epidural I became REALLY nervous that it hadn't taken. With Avery I was so numb I couldn't feel my legs at all, and this one just sort of slightly numbed my right leg. However, the nurse came in shortly after and gave me oxygen. She checked me and said I was at an 8, and called the doctor. Dr. Richards arrived, and after about 10-15 minutes of pushing, Aric William Walker was born!

Recovery- Wow! This was SOOO much easier than last time. Everything seems easier. We were put in a beautiful suite at Memorial Hospital (I told you I LOVED my nurse, because it was the only suite that they have) and Justin and I enjoyed two full days with our little love!




Aric- Is amazing. I wondered if I would feel for him what I feel for Avery, and I fell totally in love with him within the day. He is a very calm baby, but already expresses his opinion about wanting to sleep close to people rather than in his bed. However, that's the only complaint I have as of now. If he eats, he's happy! He went to the doctor today and weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce. He's doing really well, and I must say, totally looks like a handsome boy!

Avery- Is still the love (now we have loves) of our life. She is obsessed with Aric, and we are so proud of her love for him. She is totally whining more than usual if she doesn't get to hold him, and seems to have mini meltdowns more often. However, she has dealt with the change better than we expected, and has filled her roll as big sister!


Diane is here to visit! We are loving our time with her, and my parents have been an INCREDIBLE help as well. We can't thank our parents enough for their support.

I know there is soo much more I would like to include, but I have to go to bed. We hope you enjoy the pictures, and I'll be sure to write later!
12 comments:
He's adorable! Congratulations. I kept checking to see if there were pictures. Glad things went well and everyone is healthy. Can't wait to meet him!
Yay! Finally more pictures! He is SO cute. I can't wait to get my hands on the little guy! Nathan has those same Carter's onsies. I'll have to bring them when we come & they can be twinners. Congrats! I am so excited for you 4! Love ya!
congrats you guys he is beautiful!!! keep us updated on the little guy. We are so glad you two are healthy and everyone is happy.
Oh my gosh he is so very cute!! much more so than the pictures I have on my phone :) I'm glad all went well and you guys are happy at home....you have two very beautiful children and I wish we lived closer or I could actually afford a visit!!
Congratulations! He's adorable! I'm so glad everything went great. Keep everything updated! We loved the pictures!
I love him!!! I cant wait 2 meet him! I need your address ASAP!
Love all the pictures! So beautiful! I am jealous of that hospital room...seriously?!?! I didn't know that existed. Baby Max will be over to visit soon!
What a sweet and adorable baby!!! I can't wait to meet him-and I hope that it is sooner than later.
Glad everything went okay. We sure were thinking about you at the family reunion. We missed you much. :(
Love you and glad all is well!!!
HE is amazing! Congratulations!! I am so happy for your growing family:)
CONGRATS!!! Missed you ! Glad all is well. Tell Tiffany hello!
Wow!!! He is a super stud! I hope i can see him soon. Mom, i am so jealous that you're there! Have fun with the new baby! I love you guys!!!
Love, Jayna Walker :]
What a beautiful baby boy! So glad he's here safely and that your family is all doing well. LOVED the photos. You guys sure make beautiful babies. Can't wait to meet Aric in person.
Love, Linda & Chris
Post a Comment