Thursday, August 13, 2009

August!


I was laughing with my friend Maggie today (hopefully she'll read this) over blog stalking, and so I'm testing whether she reads this update:)

Here are some cute pictures of Avery we took the other day. We have had SUCH a fun summer together. Between our trips to Santas Workshop, visits to the zoo, play dates at the park, and swim times at a local pool, we have had lots of mommy/daughter dates.

She really has said some hilarious things to me. I'll try and record a few of the conversations we have had recently...

I was irritated with her whining the other morning, so the first thing I said to her when she woke up was, "Avery, don't whine today". She quickly snapped back, "Then don't be mean to me." I laughed.

Avery threw her food off of the table the other day and Justin said that she needed to say she was sorry. To avoid actually having to say the word she tried to trick us by saying words that sound like sorry, but are not. She would even start the word, "Sorr..." and stop. She's a stubborn little thing.

Avery constantly says "Thank You". Throughout the day she says, "Thanks for dinner guys, thank you for helping me with my diaper mommy, thank you for fixing my kitchen daddy, thank you for dressing my baby doll guys." It's so cute.

When Avery wanders into a room and wants to know what's going on she always asks, "What you doin' guys?" or when we're in the car driving, "Where we goin' guys?"

I dumped the bath toys out in Avery's bath last night and a tube of chap stick had accidentally fallen in the tub. Avery looked at it and said, "What the heck?" It was too funny.

There are lots of other comments throughout the day, but I can't remember them all right now. I have loved the timing of this pregnancy, because of how much time it has given me with her alone. I hope we can continue our special dates, even after baby Aric is here.

The pregnancy is going well! He's on his way! His head is down, I'm 50% thinned out, and very soft (whatever that means). I'm 1 centimeter dilated, and this is major progression compared to my last delivery. I have a feeling he may come a little early, but my feelings have been off before.

Justin is doing well. Still working away, and applying for jobs. School is starting soon (not for him, of course), and as much as I love teaching and working with wonderful colleagues, I know the baby, Avery, and the job hunt will keep me more than occupied! Hope all is well.

3 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

She is such a doll. Love the curly hair and the cute cute photos.

Glad you're feeling good. Still bummed that you're not going to be at the family reunion! :(

Hope you guys are doing well and hangin' in there till babe arrives.

Linda said...

That's very exciting that baby Aric is getting all ready to be born. I can't wait to meet him and see you guys again. Keep us posted on the news.

Avery is just so dang cute! I love her comments, especially "what the heck." They are such little parrots, aren't they?

Love, Linda

Paul said...

You guys are great!! Love the photos.