So much has been going on...lots to update.
First, we found out that we are having a BOY! We are so excited, and both actually thought it would be another girl. The really funny thing about finding out the sex though, was that both of us were totally fine with the outcome either way, so when everyone asks how Justin or I reacted when we were there, I tell them that we were both like, "Great either way!". We are so in love with little girls after having Avery, that we can see ourselves with a whole clan of girls, but I know we will feel the same way about this little guy, and we're thrilled to have a little man!
Not a great belly shot, but there's something growing!
School is getting closer to being at an end for the both of us! Justin interviewed for several engineering internships with ITT (not the college, but the company obviously), and was one of the top picks for both groups who interviewed him! We are very proud of him, and hope he enjoys this position. It ends in August, but he's finished with school at the end of June, so we hope to have a job secured (with this company or another) before the end of his internship.
I have very mixed feelings about finishing school this May. On one hand (the bigger hand) I'm totally excited to have at least this next year off with Avery and this new baby. On the other (the much smaller one) I'm sad to leave my students and the success I've felt in teaching. I have such close colleagues at school, who have become such sweet friends. I know I can maintain those friendships, but it's strange to think how many things will be changing over the next year for our family. I totally have faith that these changes are for the better though, so after we secure a job, know where we are living, and welcome this baby into the world this August, I know the feeling of security will come! I have the confidence to know we are making the right decisions for our family though, so I guess that's what you have to rest on!
Update on Avery...
She's fantastic. There are glimmers of the terrible two's sneaking up, but after a hard day or two, she's back to her happy self, so I'm not sure when the tantrums will show up full blown ( I have this small hope that she'll just slide past that stage!). She went to the doctor this month, and is a very healthy LITTLE girl! She's in the 20th percentile for her height, but the 4th for her weight (she's just a little over 20 pounds). She has had a GREAT appetite though, so I'm not sure where all the food goes. She sang her alphabet song to me the other day, and is learning to count to 15! She loves to howl at the moon with Grandpa, and in obsessed with airplanes and helicopters. She enjoys her gymnastics classes, and loves going to the dinasaour museum in town. She is definately mommy's girl in that she can't stay cooped up at home. Anytime we're out and heading home she cried, "No Home!" becuase she wants to be outside so much. She's truly the love of our lives (and the grandparents too. They don't care if we leave, but they say they're keeping Avery).
Funny things she has said...
- Avery attends Preschool In The Pines three days a week, so she often hears them answer the phone. One evening Avery was playing with her phone, and Justin and I heard her answer, "Preschool In the Pines?" Of course it comes out, "Pweschool In Da Pwines?"
- We had a really bad lightening storm one night, and Justin was cuddling with Avery. After the thunder hit, Avery picked up her head and commented, "Holy crap. That's huge!"
- My parents, Justin, Avery and I were all out to dinner at a nice restaraunt. We noticed that Avery was talking to the waitress and assumed that they were just enjoying toddler chatter. The waitress suddenly left and then came back with another basket of bread stating, "Your daughter ordered this." Avery promptly said, "Tank Tu", and we learned that she was telling the waitress, "More bwead, pwease".
- In a church class, where we were surrounded by much older women, Avery kept sniffing her babies bum and then holding up the babies bottom to wipe her. Lukily, the ladies thought it was adorable and just laughed.
- Justin was at a store with Avery the other day, and this woman commented, "Wow! Your daughter is really beautiful." Justin turned around to look at Avery and she had her finger lodged up her nose, which she often follows by, "Look daddy, a bugger!"
- Justin doesn't exactly love our cats, though in his heart I think he really does. So...he often scolds them while he's working on his homework. Avery has picked up on his behavior towards them, so when she hears them crying throught he door, she puts her head down to the crack and yells, "Shut up Cinnamon!"
6 comments:
Oh Tiff!! A boy how fun!! I can't say the differences between the two but Phoenix is great! Just always remember to point "the arrow" DOWN in the diaper or else you'll go through onesies like crazy!!!! Circumsition is no fun to take care of but that goes by quickly. Get prepared to be sprayed!!! Phoenix has actually gotten me in the mouth before =S Buy a pee-pee-tee-pee! It's hard to find cute boy clothes, I like old navy, childrens place and even target has some cute stuff, I LOVE Babies R Us for boy clothes, they ALWAYS have cute clothes for boys.! SO exciting!! I can't wait to find out what steph is having.
We love you guys and hope you're doing great!
Great update, Tiff! We miss you guys and love hearing how you are doing.
Congratulations on the boy! How exciting. Any thoughts on names yet?
I agree with your mom and dad. If you and Justin HAVE to move out, they'll cope, but you might as well cut their hearts out if you take Avery with you! (That is the voice of experience you hear coming from me.)
Good luck with the goodbyes at school. Change is a tough experience sometimes. Do keep us posted on the job sich, too.
Love, Linda
Congrats on having a boy guys! That will be so fun! Avery is getting cuter and cuter! I love the funny stories!
Tiffany, I am so excited for you. You are going to love staying home next year. We are going to miss you sooooooooo much at WPMS. Love, JILL
We're so excited for you guys to have a little boy! They are so much fun. (I'm biased.....)
He will be just a beautiful as Avery. I'm so BUMMED we'll miss you at the family reunion. Not fair! Lovely timing baby boy. :)
So glad you updated-it's so fun to read about your family.
i could not handle a clan of girls, but i think i would love a clan of boys!! lol, i actually dont think i could handle a clan of either sex, but im excited youre having a boy! once you get a baby boy, your life changes forever, ha ha. Jamie was such a cuddler! And he walked for the first time today! im thrilled, but terrified...you look great, pregnancy suites you tiffany! Tell your family that we miss you all, i think about you guys often! anyway, i have to go now, i have been putting off my homework for ages! take care!!
Post a Comment