Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's Been Too Long!



We realize we've drifted out of the blogging world for some time! We'll try and make up for it with this update, so we'll include some pictures and videos. March is a totally crazy month for us. With state testing, field trips, fund raisers, and parent/teacher conferences coming, school has been totally chaotic. This week we start CSAP testing though, so we're hoping things will slow down this spring.

The biggest update we have (besides Avery's growth) is the announcement of Baby Walker #2! I'm due September 5th, and we're thrilled about the addition to our family. I was terribly sick for the first month; I constantly felt nauseous. However, I feel MUCH better now, and despite being exhausted in the evenings after a crazy day at work, the pregnancy is going very well. We're guessing it's a girl, since the heart beat was in the 160's, but really we have no idea. I'd be thrilled either way, but I've especially fallen in love with girls after having Avery.


Justin has had an EXTREMELY busy semester. He usually is working on homework until1:00am or 2:00am, and I've felt like I've barely seen him due to all of his group projects in the evenings. He's done with school in June though, and I know that after I'm done with school in May, things may calm down for awhile.


Avery is totally incredible. I love this stage more than any other stages COMBINED! She is such a joy. I've resisted saying this in the past, but with no credit to us, Avery was born with this ability to develop very quickly. She walked at 10 months, started potty training at 17 months, has incredible verbal skills, and picks up on everything soooo quickly. I totally realize our second child could be different, but her development has made her personality so much fun (and challenging at times. She can get an attitude if she chooses!). She says everything. Even in just the past couple of weeks, her verbal skills have blossomed. Here are a few of the main things I remember from the past month...

  • Avery is obsessed with time out. Anytime she does anything she thinks she shouldn't she says, "Time out Mommy!" and sits with her back to the wall (where we put her). Though she's obsessed with taking care of her babies, she also likes to discipline them. In the evenings I often find her saying, "Don't Baby. Naughty! No hit face!" and she plops her down in time out. A few seconds later Avery picks up her baby and in a high pitched voice says, "I love you! Mooches!" She totally models what we do.
  • She loves to change her baby and rock her. The other day I found her in the bathroom pulling up her babies legs and saying, "Oh yuck! Gross! Disgusting poopies!" Then she takes a wipe and tries to change the baby.
  • In the morning I hear her through the monitor say, "Hey Mommy. Come get me!"
  • When she doesn't know where the kitties are she says, "Cinnamon...where are you?"
  • Justin came home from school one evening and Avery said, "Hi Justin!"
  • She also refers to him as "honey". He'll tickle her or throw something at her and she'll say in this cute voice, "Hoonnneeeyy".
  • Unfortunately, she picks up everything we say. I often find her saying, "Oh crap!" or "Oh shoot".
  • Avery found her pockets and loves to put her hands in them. She says "Two pockets Mommy!"
  • Anytime she has to get passed me she says, "Excuse me Mommy. Sorry!"
  • If there is one thing that Justin and I can't handle, it's all the whining that comes with toddlers! Justin is constantly telling Avery to stop whinning. So, when she was crying the other day, admist her sobs, she looked at Justin and sobbed, "Don't Whine!"
Avery is sooo loving. She loves to give hugs and snuggles. She kisses and loves on us constantly. In the morning she is especially loving, and wants to snuggle her face next to mine. She has such a loving spirit. My heart melts when she cries, "No work!" on the mornings I have to leave, and tries to convince me with hugs and kisses to stay!

Here are some videos of Avery about a month ago.









10 comments:

The Fernandez Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe how long it's been! You have seriously been slacking on your blogging girly!, how else are we bloggers supposed to keep up with your lives!??

Yes Phoenix is 2 months old already!! How fast it all goes =( He smiles so much now and makes little cooing noises, he's just so precious, we'll have to come up to woodland park soon to visit or next time you and steph and your hubbies are in town we can all go to dinner, we would love that!!

Avery of course is just the cutest thing and yes i too have always thought that she has developed oh so crazy fast!

The Fernandez Family said...

OH MY HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw you're pregnant!! How wonderful!! Oh my how exciting!! Finally! David and I seriously can't wait to have our next baby!!!

PS. I'm not so sure about the heartbeat rumor, Phoenix was up in the 160s 170s all the way until I was about 8 months. That's one reason they thought he was a girl at first =S

Debbie said...

Hi Justin and Tiffany - Thanks for the pictures and video. I totally feel like I came and visited with you. Tell Avery to take some video of her parents! She is growing up and so adorable!

The Garveys said...

Avery looks just like you... She is so cute! I am happy that you are telling people now so that I can 2 :) I almost told my Dad the other day and I stopped myself. I dont know what I was thinking its not like he talks to anyone you know... Call me later

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

WOW! I can't believe how well Avery is talking...she has a better vocabulary than our 3 year old neighbor! You've got a little prodigy on your hands! She is so cute; we really enjoyed hearing her little voice. Thanks for sharing! And congratulations!

Clinton and Jessica said...

too cute. Calvin loved the videos and even commented "that avery sure is funny!" He loves watching them. He wants to come play. I hope we can visit soon! I love the pictures and can't believe how well she talks!! better than my 2 year old niece! I need to call too...hope I remember to do so soon. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, It has been way too long. I would love to catch up if you get a chance email me your phone number at aspierce5501@yahoo.com. I can't believe you're preggos! Congratulations!!! I finished school finally:) Happy days! Great to see your update...
Shayla

Unknown said...

How exciting for you all...being pregnant again, Avery in toddler stages, and Justin finishing school! What a productive year:) I wish you all the best! Is Avery doing gumnastics?! She is a mini Tiffany isn't she? We miss you guys!

The Jatens said...

She's sure cute and she's getting so big. I'm glad to see new pictures.

Josh and Amy Summerhays said...

That's great news about baby numero dos! Congrats! Glad to see things going well.