The weather is changing, and I can feel the cold settling into Colorado. The fall is such a beautiful time of year, but I can tell the weather is getting chilly. I have had to take my runs from outside in the evening (my favorite time to run) to inside on a treadmill in the morning before work (definitely not my favorite place to run). Hopefully warm days will peek through every now and then, and with the sun constantly shinning, the cold will be more bearable.
I'm traveling to Houston to visit Alisha and her babies this weekend. Avery and I are both excited about the trip (she practices holding her baby doll, wrapping it in a blanket, and swinging it side to side--until it she grabs the baby by the head and throws it on the blanket again-- she clearly won't actually be holding Alisha's babies). I am excited about the break, though I first have to go through parent/teacher conferences for two days before "vacation".
School is going really well right now. I love my kids. I've never taught lower kids than I have this year, but they have really good hearts. I think I've felt that way about all of my kids. I am going to try and include a comment section where I can list all of the funny things they say...I'll have to figure that one out, because I really want to remember all of the laughs we have in class.
Justin's school is wiping him out, but he is pushing through. It's becoming more common to have him in bed around 2:00am, after a long night of studying. Avery loves having time with her daddy during the day though, and she only wants daddy to put her to sleep (it's actually a nice break for me.
Avery is growing in every way. She is now 19lbs 6 ozs, which moves her from the 1st to the 4th percentile for weight (still a little monkey). They think she may be around 29 1/2 inches tall, but she seriously threw the biggest fit during this whole process, so they couldn't get her to stop bending her knees. The doctor says it's about 2 years when they can get a good measurement of height, since most little ones tend to squirm during this process. She's growing in every direction though, which makes Dr. Sharp happy!
Her language is booming. She repeats everything we say to her. She's even starting to link her words together. She says, "All done" "Pip Squeak" "Did it" "Tank Tu"and s
Hope all is well! Click here for Pictures.
6 comments:
Yay! I can't wait for you both to come!!
Cute photos! Glad you updated. Can't wait to see you guys at Julie's wedding!!
I love the new Blog Background. Good job on the pictures. Avery is getting so big.. well maybe not big, but she is growing up. No longer a little baby but a little girl. Have fun with Alisha and those cute babies. We will miss you tons.
Love that picture of the family up top, very cute. And you know you are always welcome to come see us while you are in Texas!! But I know Houstin is pretty far away from us though. So what does lower kids mean? You said you have never taught lower kids, just wondering what that means. You guys look great, and Avery is adorable.
Cute pictures! She is looking more and more like you Tif! (Sorry Justin).
Okay, here is my blog so you have no excuse:
mattandandria.blogspot.com
It was good talking to you on the phone the other day, I miss you guys!!
Hey Cutie! your family pic is adorable! Here ya go, we officially started. Please no judging, i am still figuring everything out:):)
apairofprices.blogspot.com
Post a Comment