Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fun at the Zoo!


A few weekends ago (tells you how often I've had time to update) my dad and I took Avery to the zoo. It's been absolutely BEAUTIFUL weather in Colorado the last few weeks...it's sunny, cool, and just perfect weather to enjoy the outdoors. The fall is totally gorgeous here. Justin, unfortunately, had to stay home and study during our zoo trip, but I really appreciate his dedication to school. Anyway, Avery really responded to all of the animals. Last time she was more interested in just running around, but this time she actually stared at the animals (except the Giraffe tongue scared her...can you blame her?).



I love my evenings and weekends with her. She's big on holding hands; she says "hand" so you will give her a finger and she can guide you around the house. Her language is developing really well, the tubes were definitely the right decision!

Justin and I are doing well. Justin is sooo ready to be finished with school, so every day closer to the end of the semester sheds a little more light on graduation! He was up until 4:00am the other night studying...I seriously can't even read his books they are so ridiculously hard. I, of course, am still having mixed feelings about school. I love the kids I'm teaching, they really are great kids. They want to do the right things, but are just pressured from so many angles. However, I dread the mornings I drop Avery off at daycare and listen to her cry "mommy" or "daddy". She's fine two seconds after we leave, and I'm loving her daycare (the other kiddos love her), but my heart goes out for working mothers now that I've experienced the guilt trip myself:)

Enjoy the Pictures!

4 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

We love the zoo! Our favorite zoo is the one in San Diego.
Avery sure is a doll. I had so much fun with her at the family reunion. I even got to hold her when we went swimming! I sure did miss you though.
Hopefully we'll be there for Julie's wedding and then I can see you!
Love you both.

Lindsey Walker said...

Looks like so much fun! You are amazing to work and have a baby, that is a lot to juggle all at once. When is Justin done? And I hear you on the studying thing, Dan is always studying. But it is all worth it in the end, right?

The Jatens said...

Zoos are the best for kids. Sorry we didn't get to see Tiffany at the reunion. You guys will just have to come visit us in Arizona. The weather will be great here for the next few months. Keep updating, well, at least once a month!

Faith W said...

Oh, Tiffany, Avery is SO your daughter. She is so adorable. And there is nothing quite as magical as a child at the zoo :).