Monday, October 27, 2008

To Houston and Back!



Avery and I traveled to Houston to see Alisha and her adorable babies, Nathan and Alexa. It was a really fun trip, but the ragweed was killin' me (combined with congestion anyway), and I seriously don't think I slept for more than several hours the entire weekend. I had so much fun helping Alisha with feedings though, and Avery was a little mini mommy to the babies. She was very concerned about them, and tried to climb their cribs to get a peek during nap time. The cutest thing I think she did was Sam (Alisha's husband) was mowing the grass, and Avery sat at the window shouting "SAAAM" every time he passed by, like he forgot to take her with him or something. I loved seeing the babies, and wish we lived closer so I could snuggle them anytime. The perfect weather was a major bonus!

Though our flight was cancelled from Denver to Colorado Springs late Monday night, which turned out to be quite the nightmare, I consider myself extremely blessed with an AWESOME traveler. The only thing I can fault Avery on with traveling is being overly friendly to every stranger on the plane and in the terminal. She was obsessed with saying, "HI, HI, HI, HI" to every mother, father, custodian, airline pilot, airport saleswoman, and piece of paper we saw. People, thank goodness, we're really good natured about everything, but even on our way out of the airplane Avery shouted, "BYE BYE, BYE BYE, BYE BYE!" She insisted on stroking the arm of any person who sat next to us on the airplane, and she was the source of entertainment for many throughout the flight. I didn't even realize how good I have it (she's flown four times now) until four other children were on our returning flight, two of which screamed the entire flight...poor babies--flying can be hard on little ones.

Upon returning to Colorado, the temperature took a dive and we actually had SNOW last week! It's warming up again, but the weather can be a little wild here. Besides work and school I have been totally lazy about working out, and feel like I'm packing on the winter pounds already. Hopefully, I can get motivated again this week (not that you really wanted to know that)!

Hope all is well!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Nathan, Alexa & I had so much fun with you & Avery! Come back soon! We miss you!