I can't believe the summer is coming to an end as I start school on August 14th. We have had such a great time though, and I'm just cherishing these last weeks I have off with Avery.
The best event of this month was when Chris and Linda came to visit during a lighting conference in Colorado Springs! We were so excited to see them, and traveled to the top of Pikes Peak on the Cog Railway on a beautiful Saturday morning (Grandpa babysat Avery of course). It really was an experience, and I could feel the change in altitude since the air is so thin at 14,000 feet. I was most fascinated by the history...especially when we learned about families who lived up there permanently. One woman even had a baby at that altitude (quite a ways back). We also saw a picture of a couple who froze to death on their honeymoon while attempting to climb Pikes Peak...what a bummer!
We also squeezed in another camping trip, and this time it was with "Bampa" as Avery refers to him (in other words, Grandpa). Ironically it was the coldest, wettest, overcast day we have had in some time, but it certainly kept the bugs away. I would prefer camping in a little cooler weather anyway, and Avery did really well. She slept like a champ!
As a side note- We decided to put tubes in Avery's ears. She had her fifth ear infection this past month, and we know with the cold weather and colds this will only get worse. She's scheduled for surgery mid August, which is always scary with anesthesia. Hopefully, all will go well, and we won't have to worry so much about her ears hurting!
Click here for more pictures!
3 comments:
Hey Babe! I know!! It was quick, we were trying to stay up there but we seriously couldn't find ANYTHING, Steph and Quinton's place didn't allow pets and then our new place opened up two weeks before it was supposed to be ready and we just got so excited, well I did, about decorating the baby's room that we moved a little earlier than planned. I can't tell you how cute Avery has gotten!! I laughed so hard when I read your post about her "tom-boy qualities" and body- slamming her doll!! We laughed so hard! You guys are great! And don't worry at all about us staying in touch, there are absolutely no young couples out here (except one) !!
WE love all the pictures and miss you all tons while we are in Spain... I just love saying that. Sydney misses Avery like crazy and hope she doesent forget her. We love you guys and will see you somewhat soon!!!!
What a wonderful time you must have had! The pics are so beautiful and remind me of Colorados beauty that I no longer see. I hope that you're ready for work! I'm glad Avery's ear problem will hopefully be taken care of soon, I remember what a hastle it was over the past 14 months. Good luck with the surgery and getting back to work:) Kristi
Post a Comment