I realize we don’t update as much as we should...we’ve heard that we need to post more often. Sorry! Things get busy and ya know...weeks later we realize we haven’t posted for some time. As I’m typing this Avery is destroying Daddy’s DVD collection. She stands up and takes every DVD off the shelf and tosses it on the floor. It keeps her entertained for a half hour, but drives Justin crazy.
Everything has been going really well! Justin and I have been on spring break, which obviously makes life wonderful. I have loved having the time at home with Justin and Avery...managing life is so much easier when I’m not teaching every day. I don’t feel nearly as sleep deprived, and have been able to exercise, clean, and do all of the things that can seem impossible when working. Spring break was wonderful because Papa (Jim) and Mugga (Diane) came to visit for four days, and we loved having them here. We took walks (the weather was wonderful), played with Avery, had cheese and chocolate at The Melting Pot, watched movies, and most importantly, relaxed and enjoyed each other’s company. Avery was a different baby from her struggle in Spokane...she is total home body, and loves having family around. I’m glad that Jim and Diane could see how Avery loves to smile and giggle.
What’s new with jobs? Justin took a job with a local company, one that’s known for making hand tools, and he will be working there for the rest of this year and through the summer (I think he’ll continue to work for the county as well). They would like him to stay on next year, so it will be interesting balancing his school and work schedule. He is working as a mechanical engineer intern, and we’re happy it will give him experience. It starts immediately, and we’re a little concerned about what we will do with daycare for the rest of this year, but we’re trying to work something out. Nothing is new with my job, except for the relief that I felt to be finished with state testing! We have some great curriculum planned for the rest of the year, so I’m excited to get back to the kiddos, though I’d rather stay with my baby! I have a love/hate relationship with work. I love what I do, but hate being away from Avery. Hopefully, we’ll find a balance when Justin approaches graduation.
What’s new with Avery? Everything! She is so incredibly wonderful and exhausting at the same time. She is still not sleeping through the night, and when we tried some tough love with crying her naptimes out, she developed a strong hatred for her crib! She has a lot of energy, which makes her active personality lots of fun, but really tiring! This energy has not made Avery the easiest first child, but boy does she give a lot of love and joy in return! She develops new skills every day. It’s incredible to see her think. She points to EVERYTHING and wants you to tell her what it is. Both Grandpa Miller and Papa Walker take Avery on tours around the house, and now she has established a routine of pointing to Buffalo pictures, Zebras, Lights, Bear pictures, etc. We, of course, think she’s a genius for learning all of these things so quickly, and Papa and Mugga naturally agree. Avery has been standing on her own for several weeks now, but has not taken a step yet. It’s so funny to see this tiny body stand up on her own in the middle of the family room or kitchen. It takes balance, but for learning this at 9 months, we think she’s doing really well (of course we don’t have anything to compare her to). Often I look at Avery and think how tiny she is, but other times I see her growing into a little girl stage. Getting her first tooth has made this more of a reality. She has two teeth coming in on the bottom!
We hope everyone is doing well! We’re especially excited for Tammy and Toby (expecting a boy very soon), Lindsey and Dan (moving to Texas for med school), and Alisha and Sam (found out they’re expecting a boy and a girl). Sorry if we missed anyone...we’ll keep checking your blogs! Enjoy the pictures.
7 comments:
She is incredibly cute and I can't believe how big she is getting! I love her big blue eyes!
its so hard to find a good balance w/ the first.... she is so adourable though! Good luck working out the hating the crib kinks.... oh, and as soon as she is walking, she will just be busier... good luck!!!
great updates! glad you had a good time with mugga and papa.
We sure hope all is well with you guys and we hope to see you this summer!
lots of love :)
Thanks for the congrats and the blog updates! I bet it is so hard for you to find the time with a baby and a very time intensive job. I can't imagine trying to juggle both, that would be hard. But you all look well!
Happy Birthday Tiffany!!!!
She's so cute! I can't WAIT for you guys to come down this summer! I can't believe she's so close to walking. Get ready-- all that energy is going to go into RUNNING! :) Love you guys.
thank you for a wonderful visit to your home. We love our kids and especially our wonderful grandchildren. We will definately make a return visit. To see Avery of course!!
Post a Comment