Saturday, April 26, 2008

April Update


A new nanny has arrived! After going through our fourth babysitter saga, Julie (our Mary Poppins) has arrived. We are so grateful that she will be taking care of Avery for the reminder of the school year (4 weeks to go). Avery is sooo happy, and loves having another adult to boss around. Besides Avery, Justin and I have also enjoyed having someone to hang out with. Julie is pretty darn funny, so we have spent many a night laughing at the kitchen table. We all feel like we’re on vacation, even though Justin’s schedule is crazy and I’m still teaching every day.

Work has been wonderful since the stress of daycare has been relieved. I’m actually enjoying it these past couple weeks, and the nice weather has added to this feeling of relaxation. After a beautiful but LONG winter, we are truly enjoying the sunshine. Justin is doing well managing two jobs and school, but will be relieved when this semester is over (as always).

Avery is starting to walk!! She takes two or three steps and then falls down. She loves getting the attention that walking brings. She says “mama”, “dada”, “baba”, “papa”, “nana”, and attempts “mugga” but the “g” is said with some flem behind it. Julie assures us that Avery will be reading us novels by the time she returns to Washington. Avery has a million expressions...they are so funny. The most obvious is when she crinkles her nose and eyes anytime she smiles. She has been such a happy baby, and I know I say this at every update, but 10 months is now my favorite stageJ! She is just so independent and happy. She has grown out of her stranger anxiety stage, and loves anyone who will play with her. She loves going out, and learning new things about environments (even if it’s just WalMart). Bonus...she has been sleeping through the night! Julie “volunteered” to take her each night, and has devoted her usual sleeping time to help Avery with her “mommy” dependence. I can’t even tell you how well celebrities with nannies have it! Sleep makes all the difference in the world. Hope everyone is doing well! We’re excited about traveling to Ohio in May! Here are some new pictures and hopefully we will have a video or two soon.

4 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

We love it when you update! Such cute photos of Avery, we can't wait to see her sometime this summer. Glad that you only have 4 weeks left of school--that will be so nice to have a break. We only have 3 weeks left-ahh!!!! It will be crazy.
Glad you guys are enjoying Julie. We love you!

The Garveys said...

I can not wait to see you guys soon..... I miss my bf and i can not wait to meet baby tiifany :)

Alisha said...

I can't wait to see you this summer! And YAY for sleeping through the night! Thank goodness I have millions of dollars to hire 2 nannies per baby starting in August. LOL! You're right... those celebrities... no wonder they can get back in shape and back to work. They can actually SLEEP 8 hours at night! Love you all.

Lindsey Walker said...

Yeah for updates so soon! With helper Julie around you probably have more time now. How nice of Julie to do that for you :) I used to nanny for a family of 10 kids, and the family also had a cook, and I have thought ever since, if I had a nanny and a cook I would have 10 kids too! We love hearing from your guys and are glad all is well.