We have had a relaxing holiday break over the past two weeks, and are dreading reality come Monday morning when I go back to work, and Justin cares for the baby until returning back to school late January. We had an early Christmas celebration with my parents in Colorado, where Avery spent more time ripping paper than playing with toys! However, my parents bought her a rainforest jumperoo, and she absolutely loves having a portable bouncer accessible in any room throughout the house. She seeks everyone’s attention, and loves performing for an audience. It was a wonderful celebration before heading to Spokane to visit Justin’s family.
Avery was a great little traveler all the way to Spokane and home to Colorado. The plane didn’t seem to bother her ears at all. However, she turned a little Jeckyl and Hyde once we reached Washington, and became incredibly clingy and whiny! I read that to varying degrees, babies have stranger anxiety around 6 months to 1 year, which made her a very difficult baby (I can’t even sugar coat it…she was hard!). We tried to assure everyone that she was acting very
Aunt Julie was a big help in babysitting, and became my “put the baby to sleep please” auntie! Uncle Jason, Aunt Jenny, and Aunt Jayna were also huge helps with entertaining Avery! It was great having Jessica and Clinton with their two little ones…they are sooo cute! After seeing those two little balls of energy, I don’t know where their stamina comes from in trying to keep up with their little guys.
It was also lots of fun attending Tammy’s baby shower for what we thought was a little girl! Upon leaving Spokane, Aunt Debbie called to inform us that Tammy’s ultrasound was wrong, and they will actually be expecting a boy! Luckily, my gift can be used for either sex, but we couldn’t believe that after seeing all of those girl gifts, she is now expecting a boy. I guess life is full of surprises.
Well, it’s back to school or work for most of us! We appreciate all of the cute things that were sent for Avery for Christmas, and as always, feel blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends. Keep in touch! Click here to enjoy some fun pictures.
5 comments:
Love the pictures guys! Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Tif, I will call you soon, I promise! I miss you!
updates already?!?! Love it! We sure had a great time seeing you over Christmas break. Avery was a little stinker, but she sure is super cute. I am glad I got to hold her....until I felt bad with her crying! :) Toby got lucky. She did pretty good with him. Love the photos. Miss you guys already.
Seeing all the pics is great! I can imagine the wonderful family time you had in Spokane. Thanks for sharing.
Love you guys.
Hey Tif,
If it makes you feel any better, when Madison was that age and we attended a Thanksgiving get-together with Thad's family, she became totally unmanagable, like she was being totally overstimulated by so many people! I kept apologizing and saying "Really! She's not usually like this!" So we can definitely empathize with you!
Oh my goodness she is SO CUTE!!! You and Justin look terrific, I miss you sooooo much!! If I can ever get my finances in order and afford it I want to come visit so bad!! I miss my Simon! You two are so amazing. I must say I think its hilarious that everyone talks to me and asks about everyone else. I only bring this up because I've been corresponding with Megan again. Did you know she has a little girl!! Anyway, I'm always giving out your blog to our peeps! Well I love you both so much!! Give Avery kisses from her Aunt Jen and your mom and dad hugs for me too! Take care!
Post a Comment