I just had to write a quick update since Avery is growing so fast! She is accomplishing so much, and if I don’t document it (I print my blog postings for her scrapbook...it’s the only way I can get her scrapbook done right now) then I’ll totally miss documenting her little “steps” in life. The biggest accomplishment is that Avery is sooo close to crawling! She scoots herself, and shifts from side to side to maneuver her way over to toys. I know I say this in EVERY stage since her third month of life, but I am finding so much joy in her individuality that she is demonstrating at seven months. She is so full of life, and her personality just explodes! Even when she is driving me crazy because her energy far outlasts mine, I can’t help but laugh at her. One night I was so tired I finally stopped trying to get her to sleep, and just gave her a tissue box to play with on the bed. I went into the bathroom to wash my face (this is when she didn’t roll like she does now) and when I came out she was surrounded by ripped up tissues, and was tearing them above her head with her little arms shaking from the intensity of her “mission”. I just laughed when she looked at me with those big blue eyes!
Avery has also discovered “peek-a-boo”. She puts the blanket over her head (sometimes she forgets to take it off) and quickly pulls it down looking in all directions for someone to shout “peek-a-boo”. It’s so cute because she is still so little, and it’s fun that she already caught onto the game. When I put her in her crib and stomp towards her making “I’m gonna get you” noises, she pulls down the bumper of the crib bedding, and leans over to look at me so I can’t sneak up on her. She also keeps a very close eye on Grandpa Miller since he tends to sneak up on her all the time and shout “boo!” He actually calls her his little boo, and totes her around the house to play sneaky games that make her smile. Grandma Miller gives Avery anything and everything her heart desires, which explains why Avery whines to go to Grandma when she wants an extra feeding, or wants something that Dad and Mom won’t give her!
Besides our joys with Avery, Justin is still on break (well sorta...he works for the county when he’s not watching Avery) from home, and will be returning to school full time next week. Teaching has been crazy, as it always is in the winter/spring approaching CSAP (the state standardized test for Colorado). I’m also aggressively attempting to establish an on-site daycare program at our middle school for all of these young families in our school, which is sucking every spare minute I have, AND I’m going to start extra tutoring with a student I tutored last year. Luckily, Avery is finally on a schedule and sleeping in her own crib at night (versus the pack n’ play), which will make this crazy schedule more bearable! Well, so goes the quick update...we hope you all are doing well! Here are some pictures for everyone.
5 comments:
Hey you guys,
She has changed even since Christmas! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She'll be saving China soon! I'm so glad you came so we could get to know her better. Love you! Aunt Debbie
You updated again!! YEA! She is so cute-love her outfits. Can't believe she is almost crawling.
I love her clothes! (Yes, I am a fan of little girl clothes, which explains why Capri has so many.) She is getting so big. Time for a trip to CO! My best friend just got a job at the Broadmore! Now I have two people to come see.
Very is getting more beautiful by the day. I love how she does Peek-a-boo it truly is the cutest thing she does ( besides seeing her in her jumper). Avery's best friend Sydney looks really cute too. I wonder who her parents are?
Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful! Looks just like you Tiffany.
Post a Comment