Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday!

It has been too long since we last wrote on our blog. Several of you have insisted on updates, and we apologize for not posting sooner! Here are some Pictures.

Over Thanksgiving break we all (Avery, Justin, myself, Mom, Dad) traveled to Breckenridge for some relaxation. However, the evening before Thanksgiving I came down with the stomach flu, and ended up spending Thanksgiving on our hotel room couch, eating saltine crackers, and drinking Ginger Ale. This is the second Thanksgiving in a row that I ended up throwing up, since last year I was pregnant and sick after our Thanksgiving feast. Hopefully, next year will be more promising. However, our mini vacation was a lot of fun. We took Avery swimming at the Grand Timber Lodge, which was so much fun, as she paddled around in our arms wondering why other people were in her gigantic bath tub. She was so cute, and we’re excited to go swimming again. She seems to enjoy the water!

Upon returning from Breckenridge, we have been busy with finishing out this semester of school. We were faced with the challenge of finding another babysitter for Avery (this is now the third person we have hired), and this always adds stress to an already busy schedule. We are excited about her current sitter though, and hope this work out until May!

Avery has been so incredibly adorable. She is becoming more of her own person every day. She is energetic/hyper, and is not shy about her feelings, as she lets you know what she is thinking every second. She enjoys screaming simply to hear her own voice, and loves to grab her toes and roll around. Avery believes sleeping is highly overrated, and still enjoys waking us up several times a night. Her twenty minute power naps assure us that she will be an active toddler! She is an absolute joy to watch; she really is entertaining. I know I said this at three months, but I think five-sixth months is now my new favorite stage. At times she can be incredibly demanding, especially on people who are not mom or dad, but lately she has been so happy no matter who she is with. Unfortunately, she came down with an ear infection this past week, but thanks to Grandma Miller’s detection, she has been treated, and has bounced back like a champ. Grandpa Miller now calls Avery “the destroyer” since she loves pulling hard on EVERYTHING. She especially likes to rip papers apart, and it’s so funny to watch her pull her tiny arms over her head to get more leverage to tear apart the paper. She was mesmerized by the movie Rocky the other night, and Justin sings the theme song and pretends she is screaming “Adriane” while she rips her papers apart…it’s so funny.

We hope all is well, and as finals and the last several weeks of teaching come to an end for this semester, we’ll be sure to keep you updated over the holiday break!

7 comments:

Linda said...

NOW I feel updated on your lives! Sorry you were sick for Thanksgiving Tiffany, that stinks. Hopefully, Christmas and New Years will be celebrated off the couch! I'll bet you are both looking forward to the vacation from school.
The photos are great. Avery is absolutely beautiful. The ponytail is super-cute and her blue eyes are unbelievable. I miss you all!
Love, Linda

Toby and Tammy said...

Love the updates! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Sorry to hear you were so sick Tiffany. That stinks.
Getting excited to see you guys at Christmas time!!! We fly in the same day as you guys. We'll have lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Avery is getting so big! I need to come visit...

Stephanie Montgomery said...

Hello friends!!! You are getting better about updating your blog. I am so proud. I still can not believe how big Avery is getting, and when I say big i mean BIG!!! She is absolutly beautiful. Merry Christmas.

Lindsey Walker said...

Avery is seriously so cute! And I am wondering how you do it Tiffany, with working and being a mom! I bet it gets tough sometimes.

The Jatens said...

Well, she is getting bigger. (Don't they get cuter every day?!) Well, it's time for anothere update, guys. So, if you could fit that into your busy schedule, I'd sure like to see how she's grown. :-) We love you guys and can't wait to come visit.

Faith W said...

Wow - just when you think she couldn't be any more adorable. She is gorgeous. I am sure it was so fun to see her experience her first Christmas.