Monday, August 13, 2007

Family Fun

We just returned from our trip to Utah for a reunion with Justin’s family. We stayed at a cabin in Brighton, and had a wonderful time catching up with everyone. Justin and I were happy to have so many babysitters, and were able to get out on a hike together. Avery loved seeing Grandma Diane, Papa, and the rest of the crew. Grandma Diane made Avery a beautiful quilt to match the nursery! Between the hike, hot tubing, and the baby blessing, we had a wonderful time. It is always fun to be with family that we do not get to see very often. We love them all.

Avery’s blessing was very special. Justin did a wonderful job blessing his baby daughter, and it was wonderful that so many people made the effort to attend. Tammy, Justin’s cousin, took a lot of awesome pictures of Avery’s special day and the whole reunion. Grandma Miller bought Avery a beautiful blessing dress with shoes, socks, and a little head band. It was a very “frilly” day for her, and she looked beautiful in her little white dress.

In the past two days Avery seems to be discovering her voice. I love her little squeaks! She has a doctor’s appointment this Thursday where she will be weighed again. Last time she was nine pounds even, but I know she has gained a little weight. I just stare at her to capture her little features before she really starts growing! She is still so small…I just can’t believe her little body functions. She is an incredible night sleeper; she can sleep up to seven hours at night. However, during the day is a different story. She likes to cat nap, which can make for a cranky, tired girl. Justin and I agree that we would rather deal with the fussiness during the day opposed to the night.

Justin and I are both getting ready to go back to school again. We are dragging our feet, dreading the hectic schedule. I really do enjoy teaching though, so that makes it just a tiny bit easier. I’m excited for Justin to finish school, as I look forward to the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. We hope all of you are doing well!


1 comment:

Alisha said...

Nice apron in that last picture Justin... very manly...
Avery is gorgeous as always! Miss you guys!