Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Four Weeks and counting!


Avery is so wonderful and is growing every day. She has started to respond to our facial expressions and voices as evidenced by her smiles…I promise it’s not just gas! Even Alisha confirms this (Alisha has come to visit for the week from Texas, and is helping with nighttime feedings…yeah!!).

This past week we have all been out of contact as Jared, Joel, Tara, and their four 'pups' came to visit us. We had a great time at Twin Lakes where we rented a cabin for a week. We (Avery excluded) went boating, fishing, and hiking. Avery stayed behind with the dogs…they were great babysitters (haha). Avery did well at an elevation of 9700 ft., but we do live at 8500 ft. so it wasn't that much of a change. She very much enjoyed getting to know her uncles and aunt.

Avery is beginning to become very aware of her surroundings. She absolutely loves staring out the window, and we can tell she is going to be an outdoors girl. Her eyes have stayed very blue, and they have actually turned lighter. We are wondering if they will change anymore. She is starting to fill out, but still has not graduated from newborn diapers or clothing. We have finally started putting her in her cute clothes, and it’s fun to dress her up (even if she does go through several outfits a day). She is still a very content baby, and seems to only fuss when she is hungry-just like momma! She doesn’t enjoy being naked, but we have figured out bath time, and our new plan seems to be working. Avery’s umbilical cord finally fell off last week, which has made bathing and diapering easier. Here are some updated pictures of our past several weeks together.

4 comments:

Clinton and Jessica said...

She is growing so fast! Looks like you guys had lots of fun and Avery is so beautiful. I think she has a lot of her dads looks! SO cute

Toby and Tammy said...

Wow! Already 4 weeks old? She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet and hold her this August. Tiff--you look awesome. You too Justin! :)

Matt&Andria said...

She's is gorgeous! I'm glad you have the blog so I can check on how big she's getting. I can't wait to see her-august right? I need to call you to get dates. Love you guys! You did good!

Stephanie Montgomery said...

Tiffany and Justin-

I am personally a little dissapointed that you guys have not updated your blog...July 3rd is a little imbarrising.And you call yourselves bloggers.Justin you still have not showed me all the cool stuff involving blogs. :-)
But your blog looks great, not updated but great.
Stephanie