Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good News!


Aric Turns One!

Avery goes to school!

Despite the fact that life has been so busy since returning to school, our most exciting news is that Justin will be staying full time with Northrop Grumman. We are so proud of him. As always, it has taught us a lot about "unanswered" prayers. We were hoping that he would stay on with a previous company, and we "thought" that's what we wanted. Though this route took a little more patience (especially in this economy), he's working for a much more stable company, for more than we thought he would be offered. Some of my most grateful moments come from "unanswered" prayers. Looking back on life, I am so grateful for the prayers it seemed Heavenly Father "didn't" answer. He knows what will be the best situation for us individually and as families, and what will lead to ultimate joy...it just takes some faith that things will work out.

Furthermore, school has been wonderful. I have really enjoyed being back in the classroom. As always, view points in buildings and education in general always vary, but overall, I really enjoy my school! I love my students and my colleagues...it really has felt good to be back (AND good that I'll be finished in December right before I reach burn out!).



The kids have adjusted really well. Avery still has issues in the morning (she is not a morning girl), in fact, if I stayed home I would always take her to the noon session of preschool. However, she loves school once she's there, and gets so excited about learning. Her first day was an emotional roller coaster. We (grandparent's included) took her to Starbucks to celebrate. Starbucks was great until she realized the next stop was school. She almost passed out in the parking lot from crying, but once her buddy "Cade" got there, she held his hand and got in line with the other kids. However, after wandering into the building to put her back pack in the cubby, she came running out of the building crying, "No mommy, no!" Luckily, when I picked her up later, she said, "I was a little nervous, but I love school now!"





Aric is ONE!



I can't believe my little man has grown so much. On his birthday morning, we woke Aric up and (gasp) just continued with our normal work day. However, the next day we took the kids to Santa's Workshop. Aric loved it, but Avery loved it even more! My parent's came with us, and Aric loved the attention he received from everyone. After, we had a birthday dinner at our house, and Aric got more ice cream (no cake...no eggs). We are so thrilled that he is a part of our family...he adds so much to our lives. Though his motor skills have always been off the charts, his verbal skills are just seeming to develop. He is mimiking sounds, "ampa" for Grandpa. "am ma" for Grandma. He says "mama" though her prefers "dada". He is trying to repeat sounds...on his own terms. He's such a boy! Just yesterday he just started giving "mooches".












Unfortunately, my kids cannot seem to shake their runny noses, and Avery's has turned into a cough...such is life now that she's in school!

1 comment:

Lindsey Walker said...

That is GREAT news!! Congrats to you and Justin. We wish you the best of luck. Sounds like things are going great for you guys there in Colorado.