We may still have beautiful weather here in Colorado, but the summer has come to an end. I start work on Monday, Avery goes to preschool the week after, and Aric is headed to our friends house while mommy is at work. However, I still have a few updates to wrap up our awesome summer.
 |
| What a view! |
|
|
|
Justin and I came back from a trip to Utah this past Sunday, where we were able to get together for a family reunion with his side of the family. It was sooo much fun, and we wished we could have stayed longer. We stayed at Snowbird, and had lots of fun riding the alpine slide, doing the zip line, jumping in bouncy houses, swimming in the beautiful pool, and just spending time with loved ones. Avery loved playing with her cousins Calvin, Addy, and Emily. She also loved seeing all of her Aunts and Uncles. However, the biggest treat was of course visiting Mugga and Papa. She really warmed to everyone quickly...such a change from her infant days. She already misses everyone, and can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving.


Calvin, Addy and Avery
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
| Jessica, Julie, Me! |
|
|
 |
| Justin and Diane |
 |
| Mugga and Avery |
 |
| Waiting for tickets to the Alpine Slide |
|
 |
| Avery and cousins! |
 |
| The view from our room! |
This past week has been great to relax and take care of a few things before work starts. I'm so excited to job share this year...what a blessing for our family. As excited as I am to get back in the classroom, there's no doubt that I struggle with leaving Aric all day. Avery is ready for a change (preschool), so I'm slightly less worried about her, but he is still so little! These 79 days will go very well if they adjust well...if not, it may seem like an eternity. However, I feel sooo lucky to have this opportunity. I was so excited setting my classroom up.

Avery...got her three year shots. She weighs 26 pounds 10 ozs and is in the 7th percentile for weight and 17th percentile for height. Yep, we have little guys for sure! We talked the whole way down the mountain about Avery being very brave about her shots, and she kept telling me that she would do so well. The second they called her name in the waiting room she screamed, "No Mommy! No shots!" It was a scene. Then when the nurse asked her if she knew if she was a boy or a girl, she looked at me like, "Is this lady for real?" Too funny. What a joy she is in our lives. She is so excited to go to school...most excited to learn her letters. She already can write the letter A, V, and L.

 |
|

Aric...is in the 25th percentile for his height, and is not even on the chart for his weight. His height is not a concern, but they feel he is burning too much (he's sooo active), and not gaining enough weight. Despite the fact that I seriously think this country is creating more and more obese children, and it's difficult to compare him on a scale to children who aren't walking, I do think he is burning more than he is taking in. So, I had him tested for allergies today. They pricked his back with about 30 high allergy foods, and he came back incredibly allergic to eggs and egg proteins. Maybe that's why he gets a rash with chocolate, etc. If there's eggs...he's reacting! He is also very allergic to cats (Justin is happy about that one), and less, but very allergic to dogs as well. We will be pet free for awhile. We also are switching him to a new formula, which is ridiculously expensive, but has five times the amount of fat, carbs, and protein as regular formula. We'll try and pack on some pounds with that, but we might go poor in the meantime (it's almost $40.00 a can!). Aric is so special to us. His "active" stage is requiring lots of attention, but he seriously goes to bed so easy, and that seems to make all the difference. I just put him to bed...and that's it! He says "dada" all the time. Not fair...but other than that, he seems content to make noises and point to what he wants...what's the use in words when Sissy talks enough for both of them?

 |
| Sissy and brother playing in their toy room together...they are so cute |
1 comment:
Love all the pictures. Good luck starting back at work! Your kids are so cute. We were sad to miss out seeing everyone at the family reunion.
Post a Comment