Friday, January 15, 2010

January Update!



Well, Aric is growing like a weed! He is rolling over from his back to his belly, and belly to back. He loves to talk (he has such a husky voice) and is ADDICTED to smiling! Every morning he wakes up with BIG smiles like he's saying, "I'm so glad to be alive this morning, mom!" His hair is coming in more and more every day, and in some lights it looks so blonde, and in other lights it goes really dark. I guess it's the angle that your looking at it. He is really bonding with Grandma Miller, since she picks him up when he makes the slightest whining noise! Since he has really good head control now, we started putting him in the bouncer, and every morning I see him peek over his pack n' play to see if I'm coming to get him. It's so cute, I'll try and get a picture of it. What a joy Aric has been. He has the happiest personality! He is really filling out, and is such a handsome boy! He's come a long way from his scrawny newborn body, and skin allergy days! His skin is totally beautiful, but he is a white boy! We'll have to see how his skin tans...hopefully like Sissy's. Aric is a pretty scheduled baby by nature. While Avery can easily stay up until 10:00, Aric has to be in bed at least by 8:00 or he starts having a meltdown! How opposite can they be?!







Avery is such a love. Today we (Grandpa and I) took her to the swimming pool at his athletic club, and out to lunch. She has such a love for life, and nobody can say that Avery is lacking in personality. Her terrible two stage has seemed to come to a halt recently, but I'm sure it will come back with a vengeance soon enough! She has been such a patient girl while we are remodeling our home, and I love spending time with my sweet little daughter. Justin and Avery have such a tight bond...he totally adores her. The other day I was mad at Avery, but she was making such a cute face I couldn't help but do a half smile at the same time I was reprimanding her. Without missing a beat she looked at me and said, "Well, mom, your kinda mad, but your kinda smiling too." She seriously cracks me up.

Justin and I are doing well. We have been crazy busy with managing contractors for the house, and as any project goes, we are finding more and more things that HAVE to be fixed, which always stretches the budget. We hope that we will be in by the end of February, but we'll see how it all plays out. We are excited to see the end result though...I'll post pictures of before, during, and after when the house is complete!

3 comments:

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

I love little Aric's big eyes! What a cutie!

Toby and Tammy said...

What a sweet little boy. He's growing up so dang fast. And Avery is a doll! I sure miss you guys.

Debbie said...

Oh he looks completely different than Avery. Isn't it funny how kids are their own person! I can't wait to meet him! We miss you guys.