We have been having a very busy summer! Daddy took us to the circus, we have been to the zoo several times with friends, we've gone swimming at several different pools, we have played in the backyard, taken walks and runs, and just hung out as a family. Thus far, it's been a very WARM, busy, but relaxing month! I never want the warm weather to end. For such a cold May, we had an exceptionally warm June. I've had so much fun planning play dates with friends each day, and I know that Avery has thoroughly enjoyed finally getting outside!
I am most excited...about the news that I can job share next year! I'm thrilled. It makes me so excited to go back to teaching, and even more excited to have most of the year off with my kids again. I will work late August until December, and another teacher (who is wonderful!) will take over in January. I'm thrilled!
Justin is loving his job at Northrop. He has done so well on presentations, and they have been very pleased with his contributions thus far. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everything will work out...it looks like it will! Justin and I celebrated six years together June 6th. Look at this beautiful delivery! I love my hubby!!
We are loving our home. It is seriously a great home for our family. Maybe we enjoy it even more because of all the hard work that went into it. I can't imagine now having it now...how did we ever live in several bedrooms for so long?!! We are loving our backyard this summer!
Avery...
Avery is a total joy. She has been SUCH a good girl lately. Our conversations continue to amaze me, although sometimes they are a little shocking. My friend and I were on a walk, and sometimes I let Avery out on the sidewalk to stroll along next to us. If you can imagine Avery, this cute little curly, blonde haired little girl shout over to us,
"Hey, Mom. You see those horses over there? If they come over to this sidewalk, I'm gonna kill em'."
Part of me was embarrassed (she LOVES horses and sounded like a serial killer in the making), but we couldn't stop laughing.
She continues to give us LOTS of loves, and cherishes the moments she has with Daddy in the evenings. He is so good at showing her love through snuggles and kisses.
Aric...
Aric is seriously growing up to be the cutest little boy. People in public comment about him walking all the time. "How old is he?" His blue eyes, blonde hair and two tooth smile are to die for. I fall more and more in love with him each day. He has two teeth coming in on top (one broke through) that seem to be taking forever to come through completely! However, though he gave me some sleepless nights while teething, he is now going through a growth spurt and is sleeping all the time! His naps are turning into four hour naps. He can't stay awake past eight without having a meltdown, and he couldn't wake up this morning until eight. He is so easy to put to sleep (what a contrast to Sister), and is a pretty easy going little man. However, I've noticed lately that he's starting to form opinions. Sometimes he jumbles or makes assertive noises to tell Sissy or me off about something he disagrees with. When she takes his toys, he's starting to make a shrill noise that makes her back off. It's so fun to see his personality come through. Aric is a TOTAL Daddy's boy. He toddles after Justin and whines or cries if he won't pay attention to him and pick him up. He is so excited when Daddy comes home from work!
Let me explain this picture...Aric jabbed his upper lip with something and then ate a snack. In addition to his lip swelling from jabbing it, he had a little reaction to his veggie snack, which only made it worse. Unfortunately, Justin and I couldn't stop laughing. Seriously...doesn't he look like Angelina Jolie?
No comments:
Post a Comment