Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer is here!

Finally! Warm weather! We have had such a long winter, and today I was actually sweating at the park...and I loved it! Colorado summers cannot be beat. The winters are long (beautiful but long), but for me, there is nothing like a summer evening in Colorado. I have started running again, and every evening Justin watches the kids while I run in the mountains...fresh air, a break from kids, a cool breeze, and my ipod. That's seriously my idea of a perfect end to the day.

We are back in our home! We moved back over a week ago, and though it was hard to appreciate the house after the disaster, we are totally in love with our home once again. The bathrooms were (dare I say?) probably worth it. They look great, and Belfor did a wonderful job with the rehabilitation. Our home is a great set up for our family, and I would say after living in two bedrooms at my parents home for four years, we deserve it!




Justin is doing really well at his new company. He was contacted from his previous employer, ITT, about accepting a full time position (they would "rent" him from Northrop), and then Northrop threw out another opportunity. We are confident that one or the other will come through, and are grateful that he is gaining more engineering experience.

I love staying at home with the kids (98% of the time). However, with home renovation costs, I'm planning on going back to work, hopefully in a job share position. The opportunity does excite me, though nothing can take the place of the time I've had with my kids. If I need to work though, I'm doing exactly what I would want to be doing, and the job share opportunity would create the best of both worlds...cross your fingers! I'll find out soon if it will work out.

Avery is going to preschool next year. Can you believe it?! I actually can, since Avery often talks to me like a grown teenager, but on the other hand, I want to keep her with me forever. She is such a blessing in our lives. She is so beautiful and talented. She is loving and compassionate; Avery is real "feeler". When she's upset...she's really upset and drama. But on the flip side of that, she is sooo affectionate and her spirit has so much life and excitement! She's just a really FUN girl. I wouldn't trade her personality for anything. Here a few things I want to remember her saying.
-Every time she gets in trouble her first response is, "Mommy/Daddy, I love you. I love you. I love you so much. I want to marry you." Works on us every time.
-One day Avery was mad at me and she shouted, "You NEVER listen to me mom. You NEVER listen." I was like, "Seriously? You're two and a half. What do I have to listen to?"
-If I take Avery with me on a run, I let her walk part of the way. The other day, I let her run beside me on the sidewalk and she yelled, "Oh mom, I'm so lucky you let me run. I'm the luckiest girl in the world."
-When Avery wants to do something longer she always says, "Just a couple few minutes." It's cute.
-Justin and I took the kids on a walk last night. She was dragging her feet on the sidewalk, so we said, "Avery, honey, pick up your feet." She stopped, bent down and started tugging on her legs. Kids are so literal.

Aric is the love of my life, of course. It's total heck when he's teething, which strikes about one week a month, but outside of that, he is seriously the happiest little boy. He is a good sleeper, and is beginning to fuss when Mommy leaves the room. The most exciting news is...he is starting to walk! He took 9 steps the other day in my front hallway, but he can consistently take about four without falling down. He does much better on flat surfaces than carpet, but he is up and going! He's so little it looks strange, but he thinks it's a blast! Aric has the cutest little face, and such blue eyes...he just melts our hearts. He can say "mama" and "dada" but he just repeats those words like a babble. I have to take him to his nine month appointment to get his stats, but he's burning calories like crazy...he does have little chubby legs though. Aric loves to grab...HARD! Hair, skin, whatever-he's sort of an aggressive little guy. He loves sister, and looks for her each morning. He claps his hands to "patty cake" and repeats sounds. We can't imagine our family without our little man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how much time has gone by!! Your little kiddos have gotten so big!! It's so nice that your guys finally were able to get everything fixed!

We miss CO summers too!! I totally know what you mean about going running by your self with some music. It's such a nice break!! I do my run in the mornings with the kiddos in their jogger stroller but they always fall asleep so it's kind of like being by myself =)

~Ashlie F.