Monday, May 21, 2007

What's Going On...

The Car

No more Honda! The poor little car that we referred to as Zippy is no longer with us. She has been totaled and sold for parts. The good news? We were able to get some money out of her to buy another used vehicle. This time we opted for something with four wheel drive since we live in the mountains, and that seemed to be a cause of the accident in the first place. For not trusting Ford’s, I can’t believe we own two! The Gold Beast is in great condition inside and out, and we are hoping she can make it until Justin is out of school (she’s a 95’).

The Pregnancy

Well, I don’t have much to report here! Baby Avery is still growing and I seem to be growing right along with her. Everything looks good, and we are excited for her arrival. I think we both finally feel ready as school has come to an end, and all of the little odds and ends in the nursery have been wrapped up. Justin and I took a very long, but wonderful Lamaze class this past week that allowed us to tour the birthing and recovery rooms. We are getting REALLY excited!





The Shower

Colleagues at work hosted another wonderful shower! We had lots of laughs and admired some beautiful baby outfits. Justin and I cannot believe the generosity of our families and friends. We truly appreciate all of the sweet things that have been done to honor our growing family. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Spa Day

This was a really fun day. My colleague Erin and I were nominated for a free day at the spa by one of our students. We received pedicures, free hair services, facials, and more! The timing couldn’t have been more perfect before the baby is born. The salon professionals brought around plates of cheeses, chocolate covered strawberries, magazines, and anything else that we wanted. It was an incredible thing to do for teachers in the community, and we are indebted to The Edge Salon forever!


3 comments:

Faith W said...

Tiff,

You are so adorable! It was fun to see your mom in the shower pictures too, she is just as young and cute as ever.

Can't wait for baby Avery to make her debut!!!

L,

Faith

Toby and Tammy said...

yea! I love updates and your photos look awesome. I am so happy for you too and can't wait to meet the baby. Hope to see you guys at the family reunion!
love you both.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

So...I was working late last night and I'm sure I checked this blog after 11:41 pm. What's up with no news or photos?!? : )

Bet you're just too in love with that darling baby girl to spend time updating the blog! I'll just have to be a bit more patient...

Seriously, I am so very happy to hear your wonderful news. Love to all of you and welcome to Avery Grace!

Love, Linda