Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Estes Park Vacation


Our last vacation before the baby comes! Justin, Stephanie, Quinton, and I traveled to Estes Park for a short (well needed) break. Stephanie is due in October so it was fun to relax before babies arrive! We spent most of our time touring and eating at the haunted Stanley Hotel. Quinton was very into "The Shining" and though Justin and Quinton thought it was fun to stay up late and watch the scary movie, Stephanie and I opted to go to bed without nightmares. Stephanie even made them turn down the movie since she could hear the music from her room.
Despite the overcast weather, we also enjoyed visiting Rocky Mountain National Park where we saw more Elk than we knew existed. They are HUGE animals, and we enjoyed taking pictures. Estes Park is facing a population problem with the Elk, but we didn't mind seeing that many at all. Stephanie liked to make Elk call noises, but they obviously were smart enough to figure out we were just dumb tourists.
Besides those two trips, we just relaxed and ate! Stephanie and I enjoyed prenatal massages the morning of our departure. Overall, it was a wonderful Spring Break trip! Feel free to comment and look at our picture album from our trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A blog! I love your pictures and I am so excited for you guys. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are so up-to-date, and techno-savvy. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing your lives with us. What a great idea to stay connected.

We love you!

Matt&Andria said...

Yay, you gave in and did a blog! I love all the pictures! I need to get my camera fixed so I can start taking some! I miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I though of a good name, Joel - et?

I know, you will probably name her Jared-et?

Anonymous said...

Did you guys get in a car wreck?????